Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/07/2005 22:03:42
On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 14:07 -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> I see two reasons for wanting it default on.
>
> 1) Things that are default off rot. MKHTML was default off, and lo, it
>    rotted.
> 2) Many people actually would make use of the thing -- although we
>    supply no web browser in the base install, it is a rare machine
>    that doesn't actually come with one.

3) Binary-only users could easily choose whether they want the html
pages on their system (installed by default) or not (a simple matter
of removing a directory, I think) - assuming they are not splitted
in their own sets -, without needing to rebuild themselves.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/