Subject: Re: autoconf and m4 on netbsd-i386
To: None <>
From: Perry E. Metzger <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/04/2005 11:52:31
"Kamal R. Prasad" <> writes:
> Hello,
>  I downloaded netbsd 2.0 src tree on an i386 system
> running netbsd 2.0 (from the iso image). I did a
> #./ distribution
> #./ install=/
> That presumably installed a perfect distribution of
> netbsd 2.0. When I ran autoconf in src/gnu/dist/gcc, I
> got an error:-

Yes, you did. Don't do that. The stuff in dist is hacked.

If you need to build a different gcc, get a fresh distribution and
build it outside of the tree. You should have no trouble using an
external toolchain -- makes that easy.

If you need to integrate a new toolchain into the existing netbsd
tree, well, don't. It requires expert help.