Subject: Re: autoconf and m4 on netbsd-i386
To: None <kamalp@acm.org>
From: Jachym Holecek <freza@liberouter.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/04/2005 17:36:13
> > > Can someone help me with getting autoconf+m4
> > > functional on netbsd i386? It should be pretty
> > > straightfwd if it is part of the distribution.
> >
> > What about ${pkgsrc}/devel/autoconf{213,}? I don't
> > think autoconf is
> > in the base system.
> >
> autoconf is in gnu.tar.gz. Why wouldn't you want it to
> be part of the system?

I admit I never noticed it was there ;-). Doesn't get installed, though.

> Or rather, how do others generate configure scripts on netbsd?

Autoconf from pkgsrc seems to work fine (and it's what I used whenever
I needed to regenerate configure scripts). But I never hacked on NetBSD's
toolchain, so I don't know how things are "supposed to be done" there...

	Regards,
		-- Jachym Holecek