Subject: Re: PAM and su -K
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/22/2005 14:04:30
--Apple-Mail-6--724748575

On Jan 22, 2005, at 1:43 PM, Greywolf wrote:

> Well, slap me silly, then!  Since this IS NetBSD we're talking about,
> right?, this could very well be the first correct implementation of
> PAM.

Uh, as has been mentioned already, LinuxPAM has support for static
modules in libpam.a, as does the stock OpenPAM (OpenPAM is what we are
using in NetBSD).

Of course, "correct" in this case is a matter of your own opinion.  A
system that does not claim to support statically-linked binaries does
not have an "incorrect" PAM implementation if they do not have static
module support in their libpam.a.

Personally, I would like to see us do away with this statically-linked
binary nonsense altogether.

         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>

--Apple-Mail-6--724748575
	name=PGP.sig