Subject: Re: PAM and su -K
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/22/2005 13:43:20
[Thus spake Jason Thorpe ("JT: ") 1:14pm...]

JT: On Jan 22, 2005, at 12:17 PM, Roland Dowdeswell wrote:
JT: > Well, actually it does not follow because there is no reason to
JT: > suppose that one could not build a static libpam.a which contains
JT: > only a set of predefined modules in a certain order.  When I looked
JT: > at Linux pam this was possible.  Do not make the mistake of presuming
JT: > that because pam can dynamically load modules that its only mode
JT: > of operation ever will be that.
JT:
JT: Indeed.  The PAM in NetBSD has static module support for libpam.a.

Well, slap me silly, then!  Since this IS NetBSD we're talking about,
right?, this could very well be the first correct implementation of PAM.

"Fascinating, Captain." -- Spock

				--*greywolf;
--
You are carrying: