Subject: wprintf()
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: J.T. Conklin <jtc@acorntoolworks.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/16/2005 16:42:59
A co-worker of mine was planning to use log4cxx for logging, which
requires std::wstring support in libstdc++, which in turn requires
*wprintf() suport in libc.  Unfortunately, this is one bit of wide/
multi-byte character support that is missing.  Is this on anyone's
queue?

Over the weeked I started adapting *printf() into a *wprintf() with
just enough meat to fit our needs.  Floating point is a minor pain,
which is why I was looking at the gdtoa library to see if it could
help.  If no one else is working on *wprintf(), I'll put it my queue
to complete.

FWIW, the humanize_number() regression test has a local function
wprintf() which will conflict if/when NetBSD gets a real wprintf().
It isn't clear what the 'w' prefix is supposed to represent, so I
just changed it to 'w_' in my local sources.

    --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin