Subject: Re: two ethernet card
To: Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
From: TLD <tld@tld.digitalcurse.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/12/2005 10:35:43
Dave wrote:
> My current approach is to have tlp1 respond to 10.0.0.253.  The DSL router
> is 10.0.0.254.

Here's the problem: both interfaces are on the same network.
Given the "route show" you have, I'm pretty sure that if you do a "route
get 10.0.0.254", it will tell you it is trying to send packets through tlp0.
Try using 10.0.1.x network for the DSL router and tlp1 and things should be
fine.
(You CAN use the same network on both interfaces, but you'll have to do
some voodoo to get it working correctly)

--
/~\ The ASCII                            TLD
\ / Ribbon Campaign