Subject: Re: Intel gigabit card with wm driver
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/11/2005 16:03:39
On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:11:00PM -0800, Phil Nelson wrote:
> On Monday 10 January 2005 17:48, Tamas MEZEI wrote:
> > anybody using Intel gigabit cards (the ones with the wm driver)? We'd
> > like to buy one, do they *really* worth the money, have a really cool
> > performance (even over 3com-broadcom ones) what Intel is always trying
> > to push?
>
>     This configuration has caused the Motherboard to turn off with some
> hardware error and requires a physical disconnection from power.  The reset
> button doesn't work.   And Intel blames NetBSD.

That's really unfriendly.  I've never seen that behavior.  This is the
same card as on the Dell?

I'll note that Intel has 32-bit and 64-bit variants of their cards.
And both fiber and copper version.  I've had pretty good luck with
the 64-bit PCI-X copper variants (82544, 82545, and 82546) on XScale
systems.  I haven't used them much elsewhere, and haven't used the
82547 at all.

-allen

--
                  Use NetBSD!  http://www.netbsd.org/