Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/usr.sbin/syslogd
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/10/2004 14:06:10
[Thus spake Matt Thomas ("MT: ") Yesterday...]

MT: >Each time a new message comes in, first write out "N messages lost".
MT: >If that succeeds, write out the real message.  If not, discard the
MT: >real message and increment N.
MT:
MT: I thought of that, but I didn't think the overhead was worth it.

"Overhead"?  You have the strangest threshold for "overhead" I think
I've seen. :)  That seems pretty minimal to me.

				--*greywolf;
--
Assignment:  Think about and expound upon the possibilities of these two
questions.  What would the world be like today if