Subject: Re: Compiling the system with different options.
To: None <>
From: Christos Zoulas <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/16/2004 00:29:47
In article <>,
Luke Mewburn <> wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 05:49:12PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>  | There was a recent PR mentioning that right now there are too many options
>  | hard-coded in the Makefiles and we cannot easily turn them on and off.
>  | The example in the PR was -DINET6, but there are many more.
>Such as?
>INET6 is one of the few remaining ones to fix AFAICT.

Probably, but the approach of having to add an if statement to ~100
Makefiles is not appealing. I also think that the approach of
short-circuiting the subdirectory traversal depending on the options
is not great. I would rather have make descend in all the directories
and do nothing. (Think about make clean)...