Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/distrib/sets
To: Laurent DAVERIO <daverio@cri.ensmp.fr>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/13/2004 13:41:44
--Mjqg7Yu+0hL22rav

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 04:57:10PM +0100, Laurent DAVERIO wrote:

> IMHO, the mere idea that it may be desirable to rm -rf /usr/pkg and rebui=
ld=20
> it completely, makes me think that there must be something flawed with th=
e=20
> pkgsrc system - not *fundamentally* flawed, but at least very incomplete.

I can't agree with this - what I was describing is not a flaw at all,
but an extremely convenient way of starting from a known, clean slate,
with absolutely no chance of old cruft laying around. much like
re-installing a complete system from scratch, you might say.

I use PKG_SYSCONFBASE=3D/etc/pkg, so configuration files are a
non-issue in this situation.

grant.

--Mjqg7Yu+0hL22rav

--Mjqg7Yu+0hL22rav--