Subject: Re: Strange directory names
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Douglas Wade Needham <cinnion@ka8zrt.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/06/2004 12:40:46
	version=3.0.0
Sender: tech-userlevel-owner@NetBSD.org

The problem is that "i18n" and several terms like it are now pretty
much in the same class as "X11R6", and "XPG4".  And let's just face it
that the names of technical standards do look like leetspeek, or
rather that leetspeek looks like many of our standards names.  No
different than the script kiddies and others calling themselves
"hackers" when they never have understood that the origin for that was
cutting the wires on program boards to change a program.

- Doug (was was still hacking jumpers on program boards in 1984).

Quoting Martin Husemann (martin@duskware.de):

--
Douglas Wade Needham - KA8ZRT        UN*X Consultant & UW/BSD kernel programmer
Email:  cinnion @ ka8zrt . com       http://cinnion.ka8zrt.com