Subject: Re: Login names and /etc/security
To: Mike M. Volokhov <>
From: Sean Davis <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/04/2004 20:32:49

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 03:40:08PM +0200, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:
> They already do this. For example, you can't safely use "c--" alike
> names so as last character *must* be an alphanumeric one, but
> technically there are no any problems with it...

Hmm, well, I think any username with hyphens in it would run the risk of
confusing a VERP-capable MTA such as qmail, where user-extension is
automatically handled by ~user/.qmail-extension...

I have not tested this, however.

(please, no "djbware is bad" flames, just trying to make a point :)

/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)