Subject: Re: Login names and /etc/security
To: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@apk.od.ua>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/04/2004 20:32:49
--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 03:40:08PM +0200, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:
> They already do this. For example, you can't safely use "c--" alike
> names so as last character *must* be an alphanumeric one, but
> technically there are no any problems with it...

Hmm, well, I think any username with hyphens in it would run the risk of
confusing a VERP-capable MTA such as qmail, where user-extension is
automatically handled by ~user/.qmail-extension...

I have not tested this, however.

(please, no "djbware is bad" flames, just trying to make a point :)

-Sean

--=20
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!