Subject: Re: Strange directory names
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/02/2004 03:56:10
> I just jave a personal very deep dislike for "i18n" and other
> leetspeek terms in general.

i18n is leetspeak?!  I certainly never thought of it that way.

> (And maybe this is all because I don't realy understand the contents
> of the i18n directories)

Internationalization stuff.  That's where "i18n" comes from: i, 18
letters, n.  I have the feeling that I first ran into the term
associated with X, but I can't recall details and "i18n" does not
appear in the X doc I have handy.  There's another short phrase formed
on the same basis from a different word, but I can't recall with
certainty what it is (maybe interoperability -> i14y?).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign