Subject: Re: isxxx() and toupper() usage changes
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/28/2004 11:55:25
> How about actually removing the (int) cast from ctype.h?
> I believe doing the cast is just wrong, because it only suppress
> warnings and doesn't fix real problem.

What you really want is somethign that has the same argument-passing
semantics as a prototyped function, it seems to me.

Unfortunately, there's no way to get that in a macro, as far as I've
been able to tell.  (On occasion I've resorted to dummy functions
called by macros specifically for argument type handling reasons.)
Inline function anyone?  Is it even permitted to make is*() functions?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign