Subject: Re: Cosmetic changes to rc.d scripts
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/13/2004 10:13:36
[Thus spake David Young ("DY: ") Yesterday...]

DY: On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 12:22:10AM -0400, John Hawkinson wrote:
DY: > I'd just as soon hardcode it to 80 and waste the space on bigger
DY: > screens. And really, the formatting should look good on the lowest
DY: > common denominator, anyhow.
DY:
DY: The lowest common denominator is not a _narrower window_?

Y34H 1IK3 MY C0MM0DOR3 VIC20 17 R00L2!!!!!!!!!!!

</biff>

But seriously, folks, we cannot really be thinking about this, can we?

...really?

I thought it was a bad turn when all the RC scripts started spitting
things out on their own lines, as opposed to

Starting network daemons: smbd nmbd spamd sendmail inetd.
Wed Oct 13 10:13:12 2004

				--*greywolf;
--
System V was a mistake.