Subject: Re: restore and schg flag
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/12/2004 10:15:26
On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 06:31:25PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> It would be further nice if one could restore a level 0 and then a
> level 1, and have the flags from the 0 applied after the 1.  I think
> your approach does this, but I believe you mentioned multivolume but
> not incremental restores.

by "multivolume" I meant incremental restores (bad words, sorry).
With my changes, the flags from the first volume will be applied first.

This cause a problem in case a flag changed between 2 incremental dumps,
but it's not clear if such a change will even be in a incremental dump
(I'm not sure a flag change is enouth to get a file dumped again in an
incremental dump).