Subject: makefs -t cd9660 requirements
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/11/2004 14:42:34
This year I am sponsoring a project for undergraduates in the computer
science project course at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
(UIUC).  The project is to add ISO9660 filesystem support to the
makefs(8) utility.  This is your opportunity to send me your requirements.
The minimal requirements that I have set are these:

    1 write an ISO9660 filesystem image with RockRidge (UNIX) extensions
      for long pathnmaes, file type, access modes, and permissions
    2 write the floppy-emulation bootstrap extension that is used on i386

Example requirements: bootable images for sparc and macppc have different
formats than i386.  Rock Ridge sparse-file support might be nice.
Multi-session support?

Dave