Subject: Automatic Filesystems
To: mouss <usebsd@free.fr>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/04/2004 13:35:26
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, mouss wrote:

> moreover, I would like to see a system that internally manages
> filesystems so they grow and shrink as appropriate.

I get the feeling that you want filesystems to grow and shrink
automatically, based on the amount of data currently on them.

However, in some cases (such as many of mine), the filesystem is a
particular size, because that's all I can back up. So when you say "grow
and shrink as appropriate," in this case, "as appropriate" is "stay the
same fricking size." NetBSD does, in fact, do this extremely well. :-)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org
     Make up enjoying your city life...produced by BIC CAMERA