Subject: Re: Permit loose matching of codeset names in locales
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/03/2004 00:40:29
> For what it's worth:
>     http://www.sprakrad.no/nynor.htm

Thank you.  That is a very interesting page.  (I am somewhat
disappointed, though, that they converted språkråd to sprakrad in the
domain name; I'd've preferred spraakraad.)

> The languages are mutually intelligible, but at least some people
> consider them to be distinct.

Based on what I've seen of them, as a relative outsider (I'm trying to
learn the language, but as I'm no longer in Norway, it's hardly
trivial), I'd say that it might be fair to compare bokmål-vs-nynorsk to
English-vs-American.  That's a relatively rough guess, though.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign