Subject: Locale descriptions
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/12/2004 18:23:44
Hello all,

I'd like to know what exactly is the current state of localization support
in NetBSD?

I'm asking this because setlocale(3) and nls(7) both claim that
NetBSD supports a wide variety of localization categories, but all I
see in /usr/share/locale is LC_CTYPE files and LC_MESSAGES dirs.

I tried (briefly) to look for information on how to write my
own (for example) LC_TIME description, but I found none. And as I
looked at setlocale.c source code, it seems like there's actually
no support for changing any other categories than LC_CTYPE and
LC_MESSAGES.

Are there any plans to support other categories in the near future,
or any design ideas on how to go and implement them?

Please CC me.