Subject: Re: Daily security checks - inline into daily e-mail?
To: phlox <phlox-netbsd-userlevel@fnop.net>
From: mouss <usebsd@free.fr>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/07/2004 20:36:46
phlox wrote:
> On 2004.08.07 14:10:14 +0000, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I would like to add an option to inline the daily insecurity script
>>output into the daily output e-mail, rather than e-mailing it separately.
>>The option would default to off (i.e. two separate e-mails).
>>
>>Anyone has any problem with this?
>
> Not at all. If there is an option available it's ok.

I follow.

while we are in, it would be great to have the output in other locations
(web page or whatever) and local options would state which output is
desired. Put another way, I'd like to see the sec scripts write things
that get parsed by a custom list of filters which can do whatever with
the content. while this might seem complex, it suffices to allow for a
number of filters that get the output and let filter writers do the work.

cheers,
mouss