Subject: Re: iconv(3) prototype
To: T.SHIOZAKI <tshiozak@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/02/2004 08:02:01
On Aug 2,  6:44pm, tshiozak@netbsd.org ("T.SHIOZAKI") wrote:

| I am sorry, I missed this mail.  Should I revert the changes?
|
| Or, I guess there is the way that I will leave the change,
| and add the mention about the weirdness of the POSIX specification
| to the BUGS section of iconv(3).

Just to be clear here (sorry no coffee). I meant that we should leave
the prototype the way it is now:

size_t  iconv           __P((iconv_t, char ** __restrict,
                             size_t * __restrict, char ** __restrict,
                             size_t * __restrict));

add the reasoning in the bugs section, and ask Klaus to discuss changing
it to const char **restrict in the POSIX committee meetings.

christos