Subject: Re: TenDRA compiler __RENAME and more
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/01/2004 17:23:45
--Apple-Mail-4--717607547

On Aug 1, 2004, at 2:45 PM, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> The _POSIX_FOO defines, don't matter.

Uh, I think it's wrong for TenDRA to be redefining them... that's up to
the system, not the compiler!

>  The __RENAME(x) macro you need to
> port to the equivalent for the tendra compiler.
>

> void foo(void) __RENAME(__foo13);
>
> is functionally equivalent to defining:
>
> void __foo13(void);
>
> to be the same as foo.

Err, that's not quite right.

What it means is "foo() is actually named __foo13().  When code
references foo(), the symbol reference generated with actually be
__foo13()."

--Apple-Mail-4--717607547
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit