Subject: Re: Makefile for bin/dd
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/14/2004 22:10:14
On Wednesday 14 July 2004 20:43, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> > Maybe i'm doing it wrong but sometimes i need to build very tiny NetBSD
> > distribution, say for embedded systems. And i was very glad to find
> > SMALLPROG option which helps me to do it with mininal efforts and without
> > tree/code modifications. If this option already exists and in most of
> > cases doing its job right why not to follow it ? :)
>
> It's apparently meant to be set in the environment. You could try
>
>    export SMALLPROG=1
>
> or even
>
>    export MAKEFLAGS='SMALLPROG=1'
>
> before running "make".

Thank you, Frederick, now i understand how it was supposed to be used :)
Anyway, is there are some objections against putting SMALLPROG into mk.conf ?

Just to build custom NetBSD distributions i usually use single shell script
and put all compilation/target dependant options into custom mk.conf per
build..

// wbr