Subject: Re: Makefile for bin/dd
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/14/2004 17:14:04
On Wednesday 14 July 2004 17:07, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Ian Zagorskih wrote:
> > Just without bsd.own.mk looks like adding "SMALLPROG=" in /etc/mk.conf
> > dosn't make any effect.
>
> SMALLPROG is usually set when things are compiled for install media
> (src/distrib/*) and it works there. I'm not sure it's intended to be set
> in /etc/mk.conf.

Maybe i'm doing it wrong but sometimes i need to build very tiny NetBSD
distribution, say for embedded systems. And i was very glad to find SMALLPROG
option which helps me to do it with mininal efforts and without tree/code
modifications. If this option already exists and in most of cases doing its
job right why not to follow it ? :)

// wbr