Subject: Re: add less in /rescue
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/11/2004 16:23:58
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:02, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [ On Friday, July 9, 2004 at 21:30:43 (+0200), mouss wrote: ]
[...]
> It's too bad /usr/share/doc/usd/09.edtut is empty in NetBSD
> distributions....  A half hour reading through that paper, even without
> a live computer to work through the examples with, would give you a good
> head-start on learning "ed".
>
> (there's no political or legal excuse I can see for this (and other
> similar) documents being missing from NetBSD any more -- they've been
> freely available for years)

There are a lot of others missing too and unless size is a consideration I
like to move that those missing documents are being pulled into the tree so
they are available with upcoming releases.

The document, 00.contents, actually lists and referres to these pages in which
case I consider it to be a bug or at best false advertising.... ;-)

cheerio Berndt