Subject: Re: src/etc imports for PF
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/29/2004 18:14:26
--3mpYglQ0MpZscA/H

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 04:58:39PM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
  | 	as my doctor told me to stay away from discussions in american project,
  | 	this is the last message from me on the topic.

Well, that is unfortunate.  I hope your health improves.

  | >Consistency with at least the following 3rd party products:
  | >	amd
  | >	bind
  | >	dhcp
  | >	ipf
  | >	ntp
  | >	postfix
  | >	sendmail
  | >
  | >That is _significant_ prior art in our tree for this type of software.
  |=20
  | 	well, if you take a quick look, bind, ntp, postfix and sendmail clearly
  | 	does not suit your recommendation.  they have files installed into
  | 	/etc by default.

bind & ntp are "prior art" from 4.4BSD, and have no "competing"
product in the base system.

sendmail's installation into /etc was "prior art" from 4.4BSD, but the
configuration installation is gated on MKSENDMAIL in etc/Makefile and
is actually installed by gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf/Makefile.

postfix's minimal absolute configuration is installed by
gnu/usr.sbin/postfix/postfix-etc/Makefile (from gnu/dist/postfix),
and the examples are installed into /usr/share/examples/postfix.

--3mpYglQ0MpZscA/H

--3mpYglQ0MpZscA/H--