Subject: Re: Enhancing sysctl support in ld.elf_so
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/29/2004 01:12:38
Le Tue, 29 Jun 2004 01:03:17 +0200
Quentin Garnier a ecrit :
> New patch, new values.  Much better!

I forgot to mention a few things.

First, the difference with the previous patch is that it does the work of
sysctlgetmibinfo by itself.  It avoids importing the whole thing in the
binary, and since the function only does what it really needs to, it's
smaller and faster (it doesn't do any caching, though, so it would get
slower with a ld.so.conf filled with sysctl lookups, but that's a corner
case).

Second, the code is not something I'd commit, it needs a bit of work
before that, and I'd like to drop the strdup, but that means organizing
the code in some other way so I can use the helpers in paths.c.

"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.
Should I lay my fiddle down and take a rifle from the ground ?"
Leigh Nash/Sixpence None The Richer, Paralyzed, Divine Discontents, 2002.