Subject: ash
To: None <>
From: Joshua Hudson <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/20/2004 10:28:53
the ash package has been changed  by various linux vendors over the years
it hit 0.4.0.

I did a rollup of debian's and slackware's builds, fixed a bug in echo,
and added some sort of configure.

The builtins are now echo, times, and test.
I replaced pushd/popd/dirs to use an array-based approach instead of the one
long variable.
(No, the syntax is not the $VARIABLE[$INDEX].  It is something like
eval cd `echo \$`VARAIBLE`echo $INDEX`)

History may or may not be broken in the one I have (I run a Linux machine,
and the NetBSD history library is not present (no history.h)).

Are you interested?