Subject: Re: Adding mkisofs to the base system ...
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: James Chacon <jmc@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/12/2004 23:53:05
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 10:58:06PM -0400, Allen Briggs wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 11:16:51AM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> > I'd like to add cdrecord to gnu/dist, setup a reachover build
> > in gnu/usr.bin and a "native tool" build in tools/ (just for
> > mkisofs for the latter).
> >
> > Another solution would be to add an iso9660 backend to makefs,
>
> I'd be happy with either.
>
> I think it's quite reasonable functionality to have in the base system.
>
> It would have saved me minor headaches in a couple of cases.

To make life simpler for the short term, add it in. If someone wakes up
and does the backend to makefs for this (and we need msdosfs there also...)
then it can come back out.

But...anything which replaces it will have to deal w. all the various options
different cd formats need for booting which is where mkisofs rules now.

James