Subject: Re: emmintrin.h?
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/08/2004 13:55:25
Juan RP wrote:

> I was trying to update a package in pkgsrc (multimedia/avidemux), and
> this package uses xmmintrin.h which contains "include <emmintrin.h>".
> But this file doesn't seem to exist on my system.
>
> [juan@Nocturno][~]> grep emmintrin /usr/include/xmmintrin.h
> #include <emmintrin.h>
> [juan@Nocturno][~]>

There's a gnu/dist/gcc/gcc/config/i386/emmintrin.h file in the source
tree.  A little googling shows that at least debian have some problems
too with this file not being installed with gcc 3.3.

I see the line

	extra_headers="mmintrin.h xmmintrin.h emmintrin.h pmmintrin.h"

in gnu/dist/gcc/gcc/config.gcc as well.

Can you try coping that file to /usr/include and see if your package
builds ok?  If so, submit a PR about it.

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/