Subject: Grabbing the Keyboard and Mouse input
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Jim DeLisle <jdelisle@swellsoftware.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/14/2004 08:55:06
Hey Folks,

Is there a 'proper' way to grab the input from the keyboard and mouse on
an i386 machine? I've tried opening (what I thought) was the correct
device (/dev/wskbd0, /dev/wsmouse0) for the inputs, but haven't had much
success. Is this the right way to go about it, or is there something in
userland that I can talk to for the input?

I've used NetBSD on servers for years, but one of our customers is using
it in their embedded system (go Wasabi go). I've done the same type of
integration for other Unix like OS's (Linux, LynxOS, QNX), but I'm not
familiar with how NetBSD handles input devices.

Help is appreciated.

Regards,
Jim DeLisle

--