Subject: Re: Implementing periodic.d
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/05/2004 10:15:57
On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 11:17:24 +0200
"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Looking at misc/14825, found a minor discussion about creating /etc/periodic.d,
> which is very interesting.  Some of the people who replied to it said that they
> were working on implementing this, but the last message in the PR is dated as
> 2002, so it seems nobody finished it, right? ;)

Heh, I'm worked on it and got a some implementation too almost year ago.
Today I decide to finish it (include security processing), but receive
your post to maillist :-)

It comes as standalone product (not on the top of NetBSD-src tree):

Please take a look on it. I think, it possible would be great to cross
our implementations together. The periodic-20040329/doc subdirectory
contains some related documentation, links to sources, todos, etc.

Seems it also covers some issues already discused here.