Subject: Re: Are res_send and res_query thread-safe?
To: Love <>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/03/2004 22:56:05
Love <> wrote:

> > Do I get a fix by linking with BIND8 resolver? (or BIND9? Is BIND8
> > resolver thread safe?) Is it possible? Won't that clash at link time
> > with the resolver function available in libc?
> You program/library have to use res_ninit/res_nsearch that is part of the
> bind8/9 api.

I've found that BIND-8.2 is "nearly thread-safe", with older API as
stubs using newer thread-safe API

Doesn't that means that everything will be alright once we link with
BIND 8 resolver? Why res_ninit/res_nsearch would be required?

Emmanuel Dreyfus
Il y a 10 sortes de personnes dans le monde: ceux qui comprennent
le binaire et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas.