Subject: Re: df output with a really large filesystems
To: enami tsugutomo <>
From: Chuck Cranor <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/25/2004 09:13:02
On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 09:53:47PM +0900, enami tsugutomo wrote:
> > 	the issue was addressed fairly reently - what is the revisions you are
> > 	using?
> Actually, this issue is slightly different than the previous one.  If
> we don't touch any kernel code, the following patch may help some
> cases (but not all case. e.g., when # of reserved blocks + total
> blocks doesn't fit in 32 bit value and disk is nearly full).
> enami.

    yup, enami's patch did the trick:

% df /filer
Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used     Avail Capacity  Mounted on
filer:/     1203059592   136500 1202923092     0%    /filer
% df -h /filer
Filesystem    Size     Used     Avail Capacity  Mounted on
filer:/       1.1T     133M      1.1T     0%    /filer

BTW, our filer only has one shelf of disks (to make the 1.1T fs).
i guess if i had more shelves i would have a problem?