Subject: Re: video acceleration
To: Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
From: Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/15/2004 01:45:57
On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 06:12:29AM -0800, Dave wrote:
> After poking around, I found
> /usr/xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm, which
> seems to be what you're referring to, but I see no drm_pci.h anywhere.
> I'm looking at xsrc.tgz from 1.6.2.  Will doing a cvs update in /usr/xsrc
> get me the version I should be working with?

It would probably be essential that you update your xsrc to xf 4.4
since more of the NetBSD support exists in it for DRI.  You will find
drm_pci.h is in
xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm/kernel.

In case your not aware of -current source features provided i.e.
build.sh -x it allows the building of xsrc with all of its advantages.
The two most important to be noted are read-only source and the
ability to rebuild small parts of xsrc without the imake headaches.

> > Anyway, most posts regarding this usually appear on
> > tech-x11@NetBSD.org.
>
> okay, I'm there.

Anyway any questions about src/x11 (or even xsrc) can be posted to
tech-x11.

--

Tyler R. Retzlaff <rtr@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org