Subject: Re: video acceleration
To: Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@netbsd.org>
From: Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/14/2004 06:12:29
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Tyler Retzlaff wrote:

> > I'll settle for an inkling of how to deal with DRI... something to set me
> > on the right path and to hook up with like-minded people.
>
> There has been some recent work done on dri, though there is only one
> card that has code that builds and it isn't radeon.
>
> If you want to throw some time at radeon you can "turn on" the radeon
> bits in src/x11.
>
> 1. uncomment 'radeon' subdir in x11/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drm
> 2. build src/x11 with X11DRI=yes
>
> should get you to the point where the radeon kernel module build
> fails.  I'm told drm_pci.h needs (a lot?) of work.

After poking around, I found
/usr/xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm, which
seems to be what you're referring to, but I see no drm_pci.h anywhere.
I'm looking at xsrc.tgz from 1.6.2.  Will doing a cvs update in /usr/xsrc
get me the version I should be working with?

> Anyway, most posts regarding this usually appear on
> tech-x11@NetBSD.org.

okay, I'm there.

--
David Griffith