Subject: Re: video acceleration
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/14/2004 23:21:22
> I'll settle for an inkling of how to deal with DRI... something to set me
> on the right path and to hook up with like-minded people.

There has been some recent work done on dri, though there is only one
card that has code that builds and it isn't radeon.

If you want to throw some time at radeon you can "turn on" the radeon
bits in src/x11.

1. uncomment 'radeon' subdir in x11/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drm
2. build src/x11 with X11DRI=yes

should get you to the point where the radeon kernel module build
fails.  I'm told drm_pci.h needs (a lot?) of work.

Anyway, most posts regarding this usually appear on
tech-x11@NetBSD.org.
--

Tyler R. Retzlaff <rtr@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org