Subject: Re: swap space for a memory based filesystem
To: None <nmahajan@hss.hns.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/02/2004 11:57:12
nmahajan@hss.hns.com wrote:
> We have a system which boots using memory based file system,
> i.e we have a ramdisk having some file system mounted on it and parameters
> for it passed via kernel options file ..
> but I couldnt find any option / way to define swap partition and space for
> same ..
> could some one please tell me how to declare and allocate space for swap
> for it ?
> I couldnt find any  relavant option in swapctl and swapon ..  ?

It's probably not very useful to have swap on MFS - it just wastes
additional memory for swap structures. You can safely run without
any swap configured.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-