Subject: Re: PATCH: disklabel & fdisk regular files
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org, dyoung@netbsd.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/17/2004 19:39:06
--J0Hdqn9B/gTAA2yl

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 01:46:38AM -0600, David Young wrote:
  | It's useful sometimes for a privilegeless user to disklabel or fdisk
  | a file containing a disk image---a file was made by makefs, say. Here
  | are patches that make it possible. The disklabel patch is pretty simple:
  | detect that the target is a file and avoid certain steps.  Because fdisk
  | needs a disklabel to get started, my patch lets you give it a disktab
  | and disktype with -t and -T options.

I'd prefer that disklabel(8) took a specific option to use a regular
file to enable this behaviour; other disk related tools use '-F' for this.

As for fdisk; is there a way we can implement '-F' to enable the
"don't bother disklabeling" stuff, rather than the -t/-T stuff ?

  |=20
  | Please leave me on the To: line; I do not subscribe to tech-userlevel.

Cheers,
Luke.

--J0Hdqn9B/gTAA2yl

--J0Hdqn9B/gTAA2yl--