Subject: iconv question
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/19/2004 21:06:57
Hi!

pkgsrc/misc/scmxx doesn't work for me on -current
with our native libiconv.

I'm not sure what's wrong, if it's the program
or the library.

We have patches in pkgsrc that look like this:
-      t=convert_from_internal(nl_langinfo(CODESET),wide_str,2);
+      t=convert_from_internal("char",wide_str,2);
since that seems to have worked with the libiconv
package, but this doesn't work with our libiconv.
The nl_langinfo version doesn't seem to work either.

Also, the configury stuff of the package tries sets the
INTERNAL_CHARSET to "WCHAR_T", which is not accepted by
our libiconv either. Again, I'm not sure who is correct.
[This is then used as first or second argument for
iconv_open()].

Could someone who knows about iconv please take a look
at this?

Thanks,
 Thomas