Subject: Re: re-reading /etc/resolv.conf on change
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/06/2004 20:25:40
On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 09:19:20AM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> Uh, I don't really see how this is a better solution.  resolv.conf is
> not a configuration file that gethostby*() should ever have to care
> about.  This is a violation of abstraction, pure and simple.  The
> underlying resolver code should be the one to re-initialize, if
> necessary.

I guess gethostby* has to call the res_* functions if /etc/nsswitch.conf
tells it to (or maybe it's lower in the nsswitch functions, I don't know).
My intend it to add this at the same place the resolver routines are
called.
But I didn't look at the code yet.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>