Subject: Re: re-reading /etc/resolv.conf on change
To: mouss <usebsd@free.fr>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/05/2004 18:47:06
--Apple-Mail-2-560745838

On Jan 4, 2004, at 8:52 AM, mouss wrote:

> Mozilla is portable and doesn't do so:)

Indeed.  I'll also point out that on Mac OS X, applications like
Mozilla DO notice when DNS configuration changes without having to
restart the application.

*And* I don't have to run a local name server on my Powerbook.

...and we wonder why people think NetBSD stinks as a desktop OS.
Little things like all applications consistently noticing when DNS
configuration changes is an important piece of fit-and-finish.

--Apple-Mail-2-560745838
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-2-560745838--