Subject: Re: userland build-date?
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/04/2004 12:08:02
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Luke Mewburn wrote:
>   | Is there an easy to update things like /etc/MAKEDEV and /etc/release in
>   | 'normal' builds
>
> Not really.  I build a "distribution" build to the DESTDIR and then
> use installsets, or create the sets and extract them all except
> etc.tgz and let postinstall fix the rest.

Hm, as far as I understand, that's more work than necessary (build all the
sets), for me a siimple "build" has worked for updating both 1.6.x and
-current, so that's the scheme I'd like to use for this.

>   | ? Where is /etc/postinstall updated?
> When postinstall runs (e.g src/Makefile postinstall-fix )

OIC, /etc/postinstall is not touched on a "build"... pity.

I guess this has to be made some gross hack then. :(

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>