Subject: Re: re-reading /etc/resolv.conf on change
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/03/2004 02:47:09
On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 08:37:50PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> No, not really.  It's only likely important to some long-running
> programs, and if it is important to them then it's likely they'll care
> about other config files as well and thus likely they'll already support
> SIGHUP or a similar mechanism.

You forgot from where this thread started. I hacked on this because I was
annoyed by the behavior when I switched from linux netscape4 (which manages to
reread resolv.conf is a way or another) to native mozilla.
A web browser don't react the way you descrive to SIGHUP, and I don't expect
it to. For such a software, exiting gracefully on SIGUP is probably the right
thing.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>