Subject: Re: Policy questions
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/30/2003 04:11:02
On Tue, 29 Dec 2003, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> I would advocate that nobody should use the r* commands in their
> thoroughly insecure (non-Kerberized) modes, but that NetBSD should
> keep them until we can be sure nobody is using them anymore... which
> is never.

Er, no. Even then, rsh will still be a lot faster than ssh, which is a
reason to keep it (for me).

I've setup a cluster of 45 netbsd machines some time ago, and
communication there was via rsh as ssh was ways too much overhead (1-2s
vs. 6-8s).

 - Hubert

--
  ___ _ _  _   _        * Harddisk Image Cloning *
 / __| | || | | |           www.feyrer.de/g4u/