Subject: Re: re-reading /etc/resolv.conf on change
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/29/2003 19:52:54
--Apple-Mail-17--40106390

On Dec 29, 2003, at 7:39 PM, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> I think one of the reasons we've had trouble integrating newer
> resolvers is that we keep hacking with a "we'll get to it later"
> attitude, which among other things is the reason we don't have a
> thread safe resolver in...

That's not the only reason.  There have been strong technical arguments
against using the Bind9 resolver code.  I don't see those technical
issues being addressed any time soon.  No one has even proposed a plan
of attack for which there is general consensus to go ahead with.

Therefore, I see absolutely no reason to hold back on an EXTREMELY
useful improvement to the existing resolver code.

--Apple-Mail-17--40106390
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-17--40106390--