Subject: Re: tnftp and HTTP cookies
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/23/2003 11:19:08
--08ATZu8fEq0x2T3M

Hi,

> As for just just accepting the cookies and /dev/null'ing them, that
> adds no value (the ftp client already does this by virtue of the fact
> that it ignores the cookie headers -- you need to return the cookies
> to the server, else you'd be able to download with a totally-cookie-
> less request).

I have experienced a lot of servers that insist to store a cookie to work=
=20
for all accesses, but never use it, or if they can not retrieve an earlier
one, still happily continue as longas they can creae a new one.=20

This behaviour might cover a lot of the "want cookie for anonymous request"
servers, that is why I proposed it.

Regards,
	-is

--08ATZu8fEq0x2T3M