Subject: Re: make -j and failure modes
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/13/2003 14:16:25
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:36:37 -0600, James Chacon writes:
>Going with && between all commands (even newline separated and using sh -v)
>will make setting up the script more complex in order to deal with these
>sorts of things.

Sorry, I must be short of caffeine today ;-) can you give me an
example where replacing an unescaped newline with || exit $? works but
replacing it with && does not?  That's all we are talking about yes?

I don't object to || exit $? btw, just want to be clear on what the
percieved problem is with using && instead.

>I think going with || exit $? and getting rid of -e is the best win here.

Agreed.

--sjg